- Release Notes
- Get Started
- Project Planning
- Account Settings
Subscription: Publishing for ironSource is an Enterprise only feature. Learn more at Studio Pricing.
ironSource Core Requirements
|File Size Limit||2MB (1.3 available)|
|Orientation||Responsive (supports landscape & portrait). Units will be letterboxed when rotated on device.|
Ad must support DAPI protocol
Ad URL must be in HTTPS:// (not HTTP://)
Ad must embed all assets and files (JS/CSS/Images) in base64 in a single inline HTML file
Network requests should be absolute URLs instead of relative URLs and HTTPS instead of HTTP
ironSource will render the timer and close button. Do not add your own
Ad must include within <head> the DAPI script from the implementation step from DAPI protocol
Clicks leading to the app store page must use dapi.openStoreUrl(). To redirect to a different landing page, use dapi.open(<your non-store url>)
Do not include a GDPR button
iOS 12.0+ and Android 5.0+ required
How to Publish from Studio
- In Studio, open the project you want to publish and click Publish in the top right corner.
Studio starts checking the project output quality based on the file size limits and, if necessary, compresses the video assets to meet the limit.
- If needed, do any of the following:
- To preview the video output on desktop, click Preview.
- To preview the video output on your device, click Connect.
- To view the asset file size information, click View Details.
- If the file size exceeds the limit or the output quality is below your expectations, make the appropriate changes to your assets. For example, compress the image assets or reduce the number of video assets in the project, and try again. See also File Preparation, if needed.
- In the Export for list, select ironSource.
- If you want to rename your project file, enter a new Project Name without using any special characters.
- Upload a background image.
- Click Generate File.
Recommended: Background image will appear as a blurred image when the unit orientation is rotated. Some ad networks recommend a background image for better performance.
Studio generates the HTML5 file and automatically saves it to your Downloads directory, from which you can load the file to your device for testing.
Congratulations! You have now successfully created and exported your project. Great work!
Tip: To access your downloaded output file later without going through the publishing process again, thus saving your allowed outputs, just click Retrieve My File.
ironSource QA and File Upload
Use the ironSource Web Test Tool to test your playable ad’s compatibility with the ironSource network.
- Enter the HTTPS://URL of your DAPI ad (.html file) and click TEST AD
- The ad should pass all tests listed on the pre-flight checklist at the bottom
- Rotate the device to ensure different ad orientations work correctly
- Use the Tablet/Phone icon switch to ensure that the ad runs on 4:3 screen ratio correctly
After testing on the web, test on the iOS/Android testing apps (click on these links on your mobile device):
- iOS: http://ssa.public.s3.amazonaws.com/Playable-Test-App/V1/index.html
- Android: http://ssa.public.s3.amazonaws.com/Playable-Test-App/V1/PlayableTestApp.apk
After successfully passing QA on the test apps, send your unit to Quailcheck for a final QA pass.