- Release Notes
- Get Started
- Project Planning
- Account Settings
Facebook Playable Ads
Subscription: Publishing for Facebook Ads is an Enterprise only feature. Learn more at Studio Pricing.
There are two options when exporting a playable ad for Facebook: Playable HTML5 or Playable Zip. The requirements for each are outlined below.
Playable HTML5 Core Requirements
|File Size Limit||2MB (1.3 available)|
Replay button optional
Do not include a close button
Do not include a GDPR button
No variants/skip logic
iOS 12.0+ and Android 5.0+ required
Playable Zip File Core Requirements
|File Size Limit||5MB (<100 files required)|
|Output||.ZIP (file should have ‘index.html’ located at the root)|
No external network request (XMLHttpRequest), all assets should be packed into the zip folder and referenced in relative path to ‘index.html’
Not supported for Audience Network Interstitial and Rewarded Video placements on iOS. However, zip files are supported on Android for all placements
How to Publish from Studio
- In Studio, open the project you want to publish and click Publish in the top right corner.
Studio starts checking the project output quality based on the file size limits and, if necessary, compresses the video assets to meet the limit.
- If needed, do any of the following:
- To preview the video output, click Preview.
- To view the asset file size information, click View Details.
- If the file size exceeds the limit or the output quality is below your expectations, make the appropriate changes to your assets. For example, compress the image assets or reduce the number of video assets in the project, and try again. See also File Preparation, if needed.
- In the Export for list, select Facebook Ads or Facebook Zip∫.
- If you want to rename your project file, enter a new Project Name without using any special characters.
- Click Generate File.
Studio generates the HTML5 file and automatically saves it to your Downloads directory, from which you can load the file to your device for testing.
Congratulations! You have now successfully created and exported your project. Great work!
Tip: To access your downloaded output file later without going through the publishing process again, thus saving your allowed outputs, just click Retrieve My File.
Facebook QA and File Upload
Click here for instructions on using Facebook Ads Manager to upload your HTML5 file.