- Release Notes
- Get Started
- Project Planning
- Account Settings
There are three ways to create scenes in Studio.
By default, Studio automatically adds the first scene to your new project and sets it as First Scene in the Properties panel.
Any scenes you add appear in the Scenes panel and throughout Studio in the order you added them. To specify their order in the demo, you need to add transitions between them. For more details about scene types and how to work with them, see Scenes. If needed, see also the video in the tutorial.
Tip: Use descriptive, easy-to-recognize names for your scenes. This will help you distinguish between them later when you need to select them in Studio drop-down lists. Typically, scenes use the same names as their video files. Keep your storyboard at hand, too.
- Go to Scenes in the top-right corner of the workspace, double-click Scene Name, and rename it as your first scene, for example, Splash Screen.
- Click Add a Scene and enter the name of your next scene, using your storyboard for reference.
You can also use the Duplicate icon next to the first scene and create as many copies as you need and then rename them as instructed in step 1.
- Repeat step 2 for all scenes in the demo.
- Select the end card or other scene that will be the last one in your demo, click Properties, and select the End Scene checkbox.
- Save the project.
To change the order of the scenes, drag individual scenes up or down to the desired location in the list, and the scene order will be updated in this panel and throughout Studio. If needed, to delete multiple scenes, use Shift+click and press Delete on your keyboard.
To continue, you need to add media assets to your scenes.
Creating Scenes from Assets
When importing your assets, you will be prompted to automatically create scenes using the video assets you are adding.
- If you select No, you will need to manually create your scenes and add assets.
- Selecting Yes will generate a new scene with each video asset you are uploading.
- Note that the scenes generated will appear in the order of your file names, so you may need to click and drag to reorder them as needed.
- You can also create a scene from a video file, by clicking and dragging the asset into the Scenes panel.
- Scenes will be named according to the asset file name. You can change the name of the scenes by double clicking on the scene name in the Scenes Panel.